The following outlines the Terms and Conditions associated with playing sporting competitions and events with Anderson Events Pty Ltd. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By checking the box, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
A: Code of Conduct
All registered players are bound by this code of conduct. A player, whether on or off the field, must refrain from:
- Continual breaches of the rules;
- Swearing, foul, abusive or derogatory language which includes comments or actions;
- Verbal abuse including language, comments or words that threatens or denigrates a player, referee or spectator on the basis of his/her religion, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, national or ethnic origin;
- Talking back to or arguing with a referee;
- Dissent or disapproval towards a referee following a decision by the referee;
- Intentional physical contact not permitted by the rules or fighting with a player, referee, spectator or Anderson Events representative;
- Attacking the head of an opponent or tripping an opponent;
- Entering the field under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Excessively hard touches or overly aggressive game play;
- Any action deemed, in the ultimate discretion of the referee or competition manager, to bring the game into disrepute or any other action which is not in the spirit of the game.
Should a player (or team) breach the Code of Conduct above, Anderson Events may take whatever action necessary including but not limited to: suspension of individuals and teams; individual bans or team bans; escalating the matter to Police or appropriate law enforcement bodies. Should a team be banned or removed from the competition on account of a breach of the Code of Conduct, all monies paid will be forfeited unless Anderson Events agrees to refund a portion of the season’s fee.
B: Role of the Team Captain/Organiser
- Team captains are responsible for their players and associated spectators’ conduct both on and off the field.
- The team captain must make sure all participating players register online (see C: Insurance).
- The team captain/client is ultimately responsible for the collection of all money which must be paid in full by the required date. Early Bird prices must be paid at least 2 weeks before the start date, otherwise an additional fee will be added.
- A failure to pay by the required date results in both a forfeiture of the deposit and possible removal of that team, from the competition. A debt collection agency may be engaged by Anderson Events Pty Ltd to recover outstanding fees.
- The captain/client must assist Anderson Events representatives in identifying players that have breached the Code of Conduct.
- To play finals, a player must be registered on or before week 8 fixtures begin. Any player that registers after week 8 cannot play finals.
- Age Restrictions: Players under the age of 14 cannot participate due to safety concerns. Players under the age of 18 must have a signed letter from a Guardian to participate. It is the responsibility of the captain to ensure appropriate steps are taken to gain relevant parental/guardian approval and to ensure no player is under the age of 14.
- To be insured, a player must be registered. Registration can be completed online and appropriate instructions have been provided to team captains and players (via email, text message and via the individual fixture pages at www.andersonevents.com.au) on how to complete this registration. It is the responsibility of the team captain to ensure all players are registered. Anderson Events Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility in ensuring that all participating players register. This responsibility lies with the team captain.
- Should a player not have access to the internet, they can sign up offline at their relevant venue. However, they must first seek permission from Anderson Events prior to doing this.
- All registered players agree to be covered by the Sports Insurance Policy as arranged by Anderson Events Pty Ltd. Policy details are available from Anderson Events via email@example.com
- For a player to make an insurance claim, they must report the incident to BOTH the referee and competition manager on the day of the injury. An Injury Report form must be completed. Failure to do so voids a player’s right to claim through the above mentioned Insurance Policy.
- Please note that Anderson Events provides the minimum level of cover which means this program is not “comprehensive” and as such we encourage all participants to take out Private Health, Life and Income Protection Insurance according to their own individual needs and circumstances. It is an individual’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has adequate Insurance Cover for his/her needs.
- Age Restrictions: Players under the age of 14 cannot participate due to safety concerns. Players under the age of 18 must have a signed letter from a parent or guardian to participate. It is the responsibility of the captain to ensure appropriate steps are taken to gain relevant parental/guardian approval and to ensure no player is under the age of 14.
D: Refund Policy
Anderson Events doesn’t offer refunds for Sports Competitions. We may offer a credit for the immediate season to follow the current season that the team is opting to leave. Anderson Events reserves the right to charge a $100 Administrative Fee for the additional time and effort taken to bring in another team due to the team withdrawing from the competition.
e: Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- In consideration of Anderson Events Pty Ltd allowing me, once I am a registered player, to participate in their sports events and competitions competition and events run by Anderson Events I agree to release Anderson Events Pty Ltd from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by me (a) arising from or in respect of my participation in any game or other activity (sports related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of Anderson Events Pty Ltd, whether or not the injury is caused by Anderson Events Pty Ltd or any other person; and (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of Anderson Events Pty Ltd or any other individual.
- I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the Anderson Events competition or other activity, some physical contact will occur between myself and other individuals involved in the competition; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold Anderson Events Pty Ltd or any other Anderson Events Representative responsible for any injury or illness I may suffer in respect of that contact.