Anderson Events presents the Corporate Soccer Challenge.
We are back, and more excited than ever – the challenge is on to find the ultimate corporate soccer team in Sydney! If you have a lunchtime or evening soccer team and think that you can mix it with the best of the best and win – well then this event is for you.
You will have the opportunity to meet the other teams who you will not generally play in our regular sports competitions – and the rivalry for the top spot will be once and truly settled! This event has been running for years prior, with corporations from the City, North Sydney, Chatswood, North Ryde, Macquarie Park and Parramatta to battle it out against one another in a World Cup style soccer tournament.
Teams will be playing for the prestige of being the “Sydney Corporate Soccer Champion”.
Teams are divided into Pools of 4 for the preliminary (round robin) stage of the challenge. The top two teams then go into the next stage where they will progress to the quarters, semis and finals.
The event will provide a fun and social day of soccer and a great team building environment. Generally whilst there are many that want to win, there are others that want their company to participate, have a great game of football and know that they are donating to a worthy charity.
Many companies such as Zurich, Office of State Revenue, Genworth, Ramsay Health, Toshiba, Clemenger, McCabe Terrill Lawyers, Ramsay Health and Michael Page International are among the previous participants.
It is a one day 6-a-side soccer competition to decide who will be the Corporate Soccer Champions. Minimum of 6 players on the field and a maximum of 10 players in your squad. 1 female has to be on the field . Male and female players are welcome. Each team plays a minimum of 3 games in the preliminary rounds and all will play another one (despite if they are top 2 or bottom 2 in their pools).
Entry also includes:
- World Cup Style Soccer Tournament Draw with minimum of 4 games Accredited refs, portable goals, balls.
- All fields are set up with water tubs filled with water and Gatorade.
- Gourmet lunch for all team members.
- All drinks provided – beer, wine & soft drink.
- Championship Cup Trophy, and Major Prize for Winning Team.
- Lucky Door prize.
- Free parking at the venue
BENEFITS FOR ORGANISATION
- Build teams and company spirit
- Facilitates better employees relations
- Bond with your co-worker through sport
- Improves confidence, fitness and well-being of staff
- Corporate identity enhanced by participation
- Invest in fitness and team spirit
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Participate with your workmates and friends
- Mingle with other players from around Sydney
- Enjoy the fitness and well-being of playing soccer
- Compete for the chance to be Corporate Soccer Challenge Champion
- Bring the family for a day of fun and enjoyment
Proceeds for the day go to Cancer Council NSW. Anderson Events working regularly with Cancer Council NSW to ensure that we are doing our bit in the community to provide vital funding to those affected by many types of cancer.
Cost: $1,850 – Cost is per team includes up to 10 players.